How to Export Gerber Files from Eagle
The purpose of this document is to assist Bittele’s clients in the process generating Gerber files using the software suite known as Eagle. Bittele asks that its clients supply their PCB design files in this format because Gerber is the industry standard file type, and is therefore easily recognized and processed by our manufacturing equipment. We at Bittele recognize that this procedure may not be familiar to all of our clients, and so we will proceed with a step-by-step description in the following section.
Generating Gerber Files
This guide assumes that you have finished designing your PCB within Eagle, and that you have a stored file in the .brd format. We must extract Gerber files from the .brd file using Eagle’s Cam Processor software. Steps for this extraction are outlined below:
1. Open the control panel for Eagle
2. Select File -> Open -> Board, and navigate to the .brd file that you would like to work with
3. A window showing the PCB layout should now appear, as shown below:
4. Select the camera icon from the top ribbon (highlighted below), or select File -> Cam Processor
5. A new window will appear for the Cam Processor. In this window, select Open -> Job, as shown:
6. Select gerb274x-mill-drill.cam. This job file is set up for a 2-layer board, but the following examples show how to specify additional layers with the job if you so require.
7. In the Output section of the Cam Processor window, select the File button, and navigate to the location in which you would like to store the converted Gerber files. Choose a file name for the layer, for example: the Component Side tab could have the file name “TopCopper.cmp”
8. If the board is greater than 2 layers, we must use the Add button in the bottom-right corner of the window to duplicate one of the existing copper layers, and modify its settings.
9. Re-name this layer in the Section field of the Job section, then choose the copper layer that it represents from the scrolling list at the far right of the window. For a regular inner copper layer, you should only need to select the copper layer itself (Route2 in above picture), the Pads, and the Vias.
10. Now for the drill files; first choose the tab called “Drill PAD/VIA”, and ensure that the “Pads” layer and the “Vias”layer are selected (these are not selected by default). Also scroll down to ensure that the “Drills” layer is selected, although this one should be selected by default.
11. Next, choose the tab called “Drill HOLEs”, and scroll down in the layers list to ensure that both the “Drills” layer and the “Holes” layer are selected. (Holes is selected by default, but not Drills)
12. Once you have specified File destinations for each of the tabs within the Cam Processor window, select the Process Job button at the bottom of the window.
13. Check the file path that you specified in step 7 to ensure that your Gerber files have been generated successfully. If you have access to a Gerber Viewer software, you can use it now to verify that the contents of your design files were preserved through the conversion procedure.
Drill File Secondary Option
If you already have the Gerber files, and simply need to export your PCBs drill files on their own, then worry not! The process for this is actually quite straightforward; it incorporates only four (4) steps:
1. From the Board view of your .brd file, select File -> Run ULP
2. Choose the file called drillcfg.ulp
3. Select the measurement units for your drill file. These should match with the measurement units you specified during the design phase for this board. Select Ok.
4. Select Ok on this screen. Do not edit the text in this window unless you are absolutely certain of what you are doing
5. Choose a file location for your drill files, and that’s it, you have successfully exported your Gerber files!
This guide’s aim has been to describe the procedure for generating Gerber files as simply and completely as possible. If you still find yourself unclear on any part of the process, please do not hesitate to contact us:wechat:+86 13691605420 Email:email@example.com
SMT Reflow Oven, Lead free Reflow Oven, Reflow Oven Manufacturer, LED reflow oven, PCB Reflow Oven, Nitrogen Reflow Oven, Dual Lane Reflow Oven, China Reflow Oven.
|Flason Electronic Co.,ltd provide a full SMT assembly line solutions, including
SMT Reflow Oven Manufacturer,
Wave Soldering Machine,
Pick and Place Machine,
SMT Stencil Printer,
SMT Inspection Machine,
SMT Reflow Oven,
SMT Peripheral Equipment,
SMT Assembly line,
SMT Spare Parts
etc any kind SMT machines you may need, please contact us for more information:
wechat whatsapp:+8613691605420, Skype: flasonsmt, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||FAQ|
1) This is the first time I use this kind of machine, is it easy to operate?
There is English manual or guide video that show you how to use machine.
If you still have any question, please contact us by e-mail / skype/ phone /trademanager online service.
2) If machine have any problem after I receive it, how can I do ?
Free parts send to you in machine warranty period.
If the part is less than 0.5KG, we pay the postage.
If it exceeds 0.5KG, you need to pay the postage.
3) MOQ ?
1 set machine, mixed order is also welcomed.
4) How can I buy this machine from you? ( Very easy and flexible !)
A. Consult us about this product on line or by e-mail.
B. Negotiate and confirm the final price , shipping , payment methods and other terms.
C. Send you the proforma invoice and confirm your order.
D. Make the payment according to the method put on proforma invoice.
E. We prepare for your order in terms of the proforma invoice after confirming your full payment.
And 100% quality check before shipping.
F.Send your order by air or by sea.
5)Why choose us ?
A. Gold supplier on Alibaba !
B. Trade assurance to US$54,000 !
C. Best price & Best shipping & Best service !